Avocate à la cour, Arbitre
Céline Greenberg acts as counsel or arbitrator in domestic or international arbitration proceedings, and before French courts in proceedings related to arbitration (recognition or enforcement of an arbitral award, annulment proceedings, etc.).
She has extensive experience in the role of secretary to arbitral tribunals, having been regularly appointed secretary to tribunals presided over by Pierre Mayer and other prominent arbitrators. This experience has enabled her to attend dozens of deliberations, involving the most prominent arbitrators, and to participate in the drafting of numerous procedural orders and awards.
What others say about us
“She is a strong, analytical lawyer who cuts straight to the point”
“Ms Greenberg is an excellent arbitration practitioner”
“Céline performs great under pressure and is very engaging as a practitioner”
“She is analytical and very capable of explaining and dealing with complex issues”
Céline Greenberg is ranked as a “Future Leader 2021” by Who’s Who Legal, after being ranked as “National Leader” in 2020.
She is described by leading figures in the international arbitration community as an “energic and creative thinker” and as a “rising star”.
« Céline is an energetic and creative thinker. Both Céline and Pierre are sincere, industrious and intellectually honest people… »
« WWL says: Céline Greenberg “has extensive knowledge and experience in arbitration”, according to interviewees familiar with her practice. She is always “very prepared” and is considered a “very astute lawyer”. »
- LLM in International Law (2006) / Bristol University, UK
- Master Bilingue des Droits de l’Europe / Option droit anglais et américain (avec mention) (2006) / Université Paris X Nanterre
- Maîtrise de Droit International et Européen & Certificat d’Etudes Juridiques Appliquées, Option Droit Anglais et Américain (avec mention) (2005) / Université Paris X Nanterre
- Bi-D.E.U.G. de Droit Spécialité langue étrangère: Anglais (avec mention) / Université Paris X Nanterre
- ICC proceedings concerning the wrongful termination of a construction contract subject to Georgian law – victory achieved for the client. 21 million USD in Dispute. Georgian applicable law
- Challenge of the arbitral tribunal in ICC proceedings
- Co-counsel in commercial disputes before French Courts where legal issues regarding arbitration were raised (applicability of an arbitration clause, jurisdiction of the Courts, emergency proceedings)
- Representation of a European electricity company (respondent) in an ICC arbitration concerning a put option dispute arising out of a privatisation agreement (EUR 550 million at stake; Romanian law; Paris seat; English language)
- Representation of a French bank (claimant) in ICC proceedings against a foreign bank regarding the implementation of a price adjustment mechanism in a share purchase agreement (EUR 165 million at stake, French law, Geneva seat, English language) – Cross-examination of French law expert
- Representation of a French CAD software editor (respondent) in two successive ad hoc arbitration proceedings against a French distributor (EUR 25 million at stake; French law; Paris seat, French language) – Oral advocacy during both merits hearings